Travelogue: Salt Flats

My family and I spent President's Day at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah near the Nevada border. I have seen pictures of the flats before, but it is something you have to experience and see for yourself to appreciate the beauty. It is truly one of the most unique places I have been to. Unfortunately, I left my big camera at home, so all the photos are taken with my iphone.

We started off at a little rest stop before the actual flats where you can see the Salt Lake covering the flats like sheets of glass. It was absolutely stunning.










After that, we hopped in the car to drive towards the flats. On the way there, you could see where the water had receded and left behind crystallized salt. It was like fields of salt. 



We arrived at the salt flats and there were acres and acres of flat ground without vegetation. It was surreal looking. 

 



 


 
We had a fun time running around the flats...Cue corny jumping photo:


If you live in Utah, or are planning a trip out to Nevada, be sure to drive past the flats...it is truly a spectacular piece of earth.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts